DJI Mavic 3 receives feature rich update: Tele camera RAW, possible GPS fix
Josh Spires | 01 June, 2022 | News
Overnight DJI has released a new firmware for DJI Mavic 3 taking it to v01.00.0700 with a bunch of new features, improvements, and what seems to be a permanent fix for the GPS issues that have been plaguing the drone from launch.
- Aircraft: v01.00.0700
- RC-N1 controller: v04.13.0600
- DJI RC Pro controller: v03.01.0700
- DJI Fly (iOS): v1.6.4
- DJI Fly (Android): v1.6.4
DJI haven't mentioned a fix for the GPS issues in the release notes, but from DroneDJ's test, the issues look to be gone. There is also a video to go along with the test. DroneDJ was also able to verify its results with Mavic 3 users in other regions.
We were able to test the firmware out today after installing and giving the Mavic 3 a few hours to be in a completely cold state. When we started the drone up with a fresh battery, it was able to connect to 11 satellites and produce a home point lock within a minute – much faster than what we could do over the last few months.
- Added switch to the tele camera in photo mode, includes single shot, AEB, burst and timed shot, supports JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW photo format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
- Added switch to the tele camera in video mode, supports 4K@25/30/50fps, 1080p@25/30/50fps format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
- Added HLG for the Hasselblad camera.
- Added 1080p/200fps to Slow Motion when using the Hasselblad camera.
- Added HLG and D-Log to shoot MasterShots and QuickShots (not including Asteroid).
- Digital zoom reaches up to 3x in normal video mode when using the Hasselblad camera.
- Added support to FocusTrack, QuickShots (not including Asteroid), MasterShots, and Hyperlapse for the aircraft when the Wide-Angle Lens is mounted.
- Added ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 LT format to the Hasselblad camera of Mavic 3 Cine.
- Added one-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse on Mavic 3 Cine.
- Added DJI Mavic 3 D-Log to Rec.709 vivid LUT, providing a more vivid colour effect. Download the LUT via http://www.dji.com/mavic-3/downloads.
- Added Nifty option for Bypassing when using APAS 5.0. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
- Added Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
- Added support for Japanese RID requirements.
- Increased Home Point refresh rate.
- Optimised the focus performance when recording with the tele camera.
- Optimised the stability of the aircraft when shooting a Hyperlapse.
- Fixed issue: unable to use Hyperlapse when flying near a Flight Altitude Limit Zone
DJI RC Pro also received an update, with more custom functions being available for buttons and dials along with a few minor bugs being squashed.
Get the latest in your inbox
Sign up to stay up to date on the latest consumer and prosumer related drone news.